Unique Properties may at any time revise or modify these Terms by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and modifications so we encourage you to visit this page to review the most current Terms from time to time. Unique Properties reserves the right to, without notice and for any reason, modify or remove content from this Site, suspend or terminate the operation of the Site and deny access to any user to all or part of this Site.
You should assume that all text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned or licensed by or to Unique Properties, and is protected by copyright and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
You may download Content displayed on this Site for personal, non-commercial use only. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on downloaded Content. You may not reproduce, republish, post, publicly display, transmit or distribute any Content unless expressly permitted in these Terms or elsewhere on the Site.
Unique Properties takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submissions posted or submitted by you. We reserve the sole discretion to determine whether to publish or use your Submissions. You are fully responsible for the content of your Submissions and will be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of any law or the rights of Unique Properties or any other person, or any other harm resulting from your Submissions.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Unique Properties and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all demands, losses, liability, claims or expenses, including attorneys’ fees, made against Luxury Retreats by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.
USE OF THE SITE
You may not use the Site or any Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms or that infringes the rights of Unique Properties or others.
You also agree not to: (i) make any false, speculative or fraudulent inquiry, request or reservation; (ii) access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Site using any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or any similar process; (iii) take any action that imposes, or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (iv) use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site, any transaction being conducted on the Site or any other person’s use of the Site; or (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or any systems or networks connected to the Site by hacking or any other illegitimate means.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Platform who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Platform.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Application as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Among the types of Personal Data that this Platform collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name, last name, phone number and any other information the client choose to provide.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Platform.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Platform is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Platform to provide its services. In cases where this Platform specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Platform and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to us.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Owner Contact Email: email@example.com
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA
Methods of processing
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop our Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment for our clients.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using Servers/computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by us.
Legal basis of processing
We may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Unique Properties;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Unique Properties or by a third party.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire us, by using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by us within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting Unique Properties.
We may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow us to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Booking enquiry Data, Analytics, Contacting the User, Advertising, Remarketing and behavioral targeting.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
This type of service allows User Data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes displayed in the form of banners and other advertisements on this Application, possibly based on User interests.
This does not mean that all Personal Data are used for this purpose. Information and conditions of use are shown below.
The services contained in this section enable us to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Google Ads conversion tracking (Google Inc.)
Google Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. that connects data from the Google Ads advertising network with actions performed on this Application.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Remarketing and behavioral targeting
This type of service allows this Application and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of this Application by the User.
This activity is performed by tracking Usage Data and by using Cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
Booking enquiry Data
This type of service allows us to search and serve property availability queries. Personal data is collected for the sole purpose of answering to such queries, and entail the full name, email, and phone number of the enquirer.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist us in providing the Service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes for which Cookies are installed may also require the User’s consent.
Where the installation of Cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, we shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest update: May 20, 2018